Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Santorum has Twin Wins in the Heartland, From the Twin Cities to St. Charles Missouri



Listening to Louis Armstrong singing Moon River, and thinking how the full moon is shining brightly on Rick Santorum on this cool, winter night when he has so far twin wins in Missouri and Minnesota. Easy to say that the win doesn't really matter in Missouri, but I've never seen a Miss America that did not enjoy winning a beauty contest. Sort of like saying on a cold night in February it's not "that cold" because it's only 34 degrees not 19 degrees. It's all a matter of degrees that is true... but if you have to put a coat on it's winter. And, Santorum won in Missouri.



A win in Colorado would crown him as a realistic candidate vs a dreamer off to see the world, but Rick Santorum didn't go off to see the world...he has gone off to see the people who live in Minnesota and Missouri town by town and it paid off for him tonight in a double win and he is closing in on a possible win in Colorado.

Either way... the Heartland seems to love Santorum and he's smiling tonight.




In that ballroom in St. Charles Missouri tonight it feels like the 4th of July, not the middle of winter.



Now, all eyes turn towards Colorado.

And, now Mitt Romney may be thinking he needs to do the reset thing. But, can Romney do well in the South? We'll see and we'll be watching the weather where stormy weather could make a difference in that election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/front-runner-romney-looks-to-weather-late-surge-from-underdog-santorum-ahead-of-caucuses/2012/02/07/gIQA37XfvQ_story.html

So far tonight, Romney has not weathered the surging Rick Santorum well, time will only tell where we go from here..

Besos Bobbi

Ps...the song Heartland comes to mind by Willie Nelson that tells of the people in the Heartland and those lyrics could explain Rick Santorum's twin win tonight.

There's a home place under fire tonight in the heartland
And the bankers are taking my home and my land from me
There's a big achin' hole in my chest now where my heart was
And a hole in the sky where God used to be
There's a home place under fire tonight in the heartland
There's a well where the water's so bitter nobody can drink
Ain't no way to get high and my mouth is so dry that I can't speak
Don't they know that I'm dyin' why's nobody cryin' for me
My American dream fell apart at the seams
You tell me what it means you tell me what it means
There's a home place under fire tonight in a heartland
And bankers are taking the homes and the land away
There's a young boy closin' his eyes tonight in a heartland
Who will wake up a man with some land and a loan he can't pay
His American dream fell apart at the seams
You tell me what it means you tell me what it means
My American dream...
There's a home place under fire tonight in the heartland
There's a home place under fire tonight in the heartland
There's a home place under fire tonight in the heartland
There's a home place under fire tonight in the heartland

No comments:

Post a Comment